At ChildFund, we understand that value of protection. That’s why we keep your personal information private and confidential. We do not rent, sell or exchange the information of our donors, unless we are given permission to do so. It would be extremely rare for us to participate in these types of activities (even with your permission).
We store your private information in our secure database in New Zealand.
ChildFund New Zealand will only deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
We collect personal information about you, including:
- Contact information (such as physical address, email address, phone number)
- Computer or network
- Interactions with us
- Giving and purchase information
Your personal information enables us to:
- Process your donations accurately.
- Communicate with you on matters relevant to your donations e.g. calls or text updates, letters from your sponsored child or project updates, and emailing you from time-to-time provide you with information about ChildFund’s work that may be of interest to you.
- Improve our website so we can give you a better online experience.
- Provide you with any other services you have requested.
- Use the information for any other purposes for which you give us permission.
We rely on you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, and to keep your personal information up-to-date.
Please contact us today to discuss the ways your personal information is used and how we communicate with you. We are happy to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you, at any time. If it is incorrect, we will fix it.
On our website, you can also update your personal information by creating an account and adding your details. We will use this to ensure our database contains the correct information about you.
Collection of non-personal information:
To improve our services online, ChildFund New Zealand may collect non-personal/general information such as:
- the Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as “company.co.nz” and the IP address of the computer accessing the website, such as “ppp-55”
- the type of browser or operating system you’re using
- the date and time of your visit to our site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, and if you linked to us from another site
This tracking system doesn’t record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected. It’s used to help us make our site more useful to visitors. We may disclose this non-personal information to third parties such as donors, clients or advertisers and/or use it for auditing purposes as we work to improve our services.
We may use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. So, when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time, provide you with a more meaningful visit and to measure website activity. Cookies don’t contain any personally identifying information. Browsers allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
Sharing your supporter experience through social media:
At ChildFund, the protection and safeguarding of children is foundational to our work in New Zealand and around the world. To protect the safety of children in the communities where we work, we ask you to take the following precautions when posting information and communicating on social networking sites about your supporter experience:
- please only use the first name of your sponsored child
- please don’t post your sponsored child’s ID number
- please ensure the photos you post are appropriate and that your sponsored child is adequately clothed
- please don’t publish identifying information about the child (e.g. the name of the location where he or she lives, the school he/she attends)
- photos shouldn’t identify the location taken
We appreciate your support and understanding in protecting the safety of the children we support around the world.